About Our Next Wave Masters Team
The Masters Team is the backbone of the Hardwood Next Wave cycling team. Although the age bracket is loosely defined, it’s generally the adult members of our team who want to make a difference in the youth cycling community while at the same time enjoying the social, training and racing benefits of riding with like-minded individuals. When we launched Next Wave four years ago, the Masters Team was primarily the parents of our youth athletes who simply enjoyed riding together and trying to keep up with the (increasingly faster) kids, but it has since become a force to be reckoned with in its own right. We’ve achieved huge results at Road O-Cup races, MTB O-Cup and Canada Cup races, Cyclocross O-Cup and Canada-Cup races, Green Mountain Stage Race, Centurion Blue Mountain, Paris-Ancaster race and many other races and Gran Fondos while at the same time enjoying the camaraderie of a Friday morning ride, a charity ride or impromptu Saturday ride in Oro. There’s a competitive aspect for those who are looking for that element, but also a social and supportive atmosphere for those who just want to enjoy a great ride and find their personal best.
Masters members of Hardwood Next Wave enjoy many benefits. Not only does your membership and mentorship support the next generation of cyclists – by supporting their training camps, race projects, coaching etc – it also provides you with a platform to set your own goals and ride and train with fellow Masters cyclists year-round. Masters members enjoy the following benefits:
- Exclusive full race-quality personalized team kit (bibs, jersey, long-sleeve jersey and socks)
- Team training rides on Friday morning (Orillia) and Wednesday evening (Hardwood)
- Cyclocross training sessions at Hardwood in the fall
- Team support at road, mountain bike, and cyclocross races and events attended by the team
- Team discount at Crank and Sprocket Bicycle Co.
- Team discount for Hardwood Trail passes (MTB 2018 and Nordic Ski 2018-19)
- Personalized bike and equipment stickers
- Social events and rides throughout the season
- Plus many other offerings and promotions from our other sponsors
The cost for joining the Masters team is $750+HST. Those riders who wish to race must possess a valid UCI license. Although we are a racing team, there's no commitment for Masters riders to race. All riders must submit kit sizes by Jan 26th, 2018 (Fittings at Crank and Sprocket Bicycle Co. in Orillia from Jan 15-26 and extra kit can be ordered at that time as well). Riders are required to sign a team contract to obtain discounts with our sponsors. Only riders who are registered with the team can order the Hardwood Next Wave team kit and receive sponsor discounts.
New and returning members are invited to the team launch on January 16th. Hope to see you there.