The Hardwood Next Wave Development Program is based on a foundation of athletic excellence, sportsmanship and personal development. Through the sport and community of cycling, young athletes are coached in an atmosphere where teamwork is balanced with individual growth and discovery. Our objective is to create a platform where young people can be successful both on and off their bikes while having FUN!
Ensuring appropriate preparation in physiological, psychological, technical and tactical growth is the cornerstone to our approach. This program includes the following specifics plus all the “Additional benefits” outlined below:
Key Objective: Developing Physical Literacy
• Focus on learning the basic cycling skills and an introduction to racing
• Introduction to basic cycling skills such as braking, cornering, and gearing
• Introduction to Citizen level, fun-based racing with friends and family
• Build speed, power and endurance through exercises, games and racing
• Develop a love of physical effort and improving skills while riding/racing
• 60 minute training session prior to Tuesday Night Race
• COST: $825. This fee includes Tuesday night coaching, Hardwood Trail Pass, Hardwood Race fee, and Kit (Jersey, shorts, socks). Program runs from May 05 to Sept 01.
See “Additional Information” below for program inclusions
In addition to the programs above, young athletes will experience:
- Certified Coaching Staff who are committed to the progress of each individual athlete and passionate about youth development
- Hardwood Ski and Bike Summer Season's Pass Holder ($95. included)
- Hardwood Ski and Bike Tuesday Night Race Series ($130. included)
- Team discount at Hardwood Retail Shop
- Team discount for Hardwood Ski and Bike Winter Season Pass
- Team discount at The Crank and Sprocket Bicycle Co.
- Team Kit includes one jersey, shorts and socks. ($140. included)
- Team support at all races and events